[pcductape] Re: [pcductape]=20's again

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:34:11 -0600

That's not what I said.

  keep reading...
  blank does not translate out to a line return or end of line or carriage
return..

  " + "
  trapper@xxxxxxx

  Bob explained the equal sign, quite satisfactorily.  I just did some
research and the "20" means blank in many charsets, including windows-1252
charset, therefore, it would appear that you have 2 separate characters,
translating literally to "return blank".  That's why there are no references
to "=20" in searches for the problem.  So, for me the puzzle is now solved.

  Pam

     equal sign , not a 20

    To provide word-wrap capability, the lines are packaged in
    "Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format. This ends each line with an equal
sign to
    indicate that it continues to the next line

    " + "
    trapper@xxxxxxx

    This is from the a Microsoft K article, when I did a search.

    When a message is sent using "Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format, an
equal
    sign is added to the end of the line to let the browser know that the
line
    continues. Therefore, there is only one quote character at the beginning
of each
    paragraph quoted.

    The main purpose of "Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format is to allow
for line
    wrapping. When you send mail on the Internet, you can send only 80
characters on
    a line of text. To provide word-wrap capability, the lines are packaged
in
    "Plain Text, Quoted Printable" format. This ends each line with an equal
sign to
    indicate that it continues to the next line.

    Bob Noble

    | I have conducted web searches of the "=20's"  problem and came up
empty.  When
    I query the Microsoft knowledgedatabase, it came back with several
"articles"
    but none were related.    It is unusual that this problem is not better
    documented.   :-)
    | Carl
    | ps, I think Pam knows more about the issue than the rest of us
together.   :-)

    |   "Proud to be 100% Microsoft free!"
    |    GUESS I am going to have to take back every thing I ever said about
them
    ha! My kind of guys  :-) least technically...!

    |   Are you saying because they are Linux and we are MS using HTM that
we are in
    conflict??? Thus the 20's????
    |   Anyone ever been able to do a web search for this problem..?
    |   I think Bob tried but came up with next to nothing?
    |   If this is a old problem I would have thought it would have been
well
    documented? Appears like we have discovered a brand new, almost never
heard of
    problem, Which I doubt.