[pcductape] Re: [pcductape]=20's again

  • From: "trapper" <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 14:48:28 -0900

MessageSee what you all can glean form this article:
This article has not explained to us anything that we are not all aware of..

What I picked up ( in Blue ) is that not all emails  read the html. From there
on it is anybody's guess. So if they reply to a msg and send it back they same
way it came in it multiplies.
Now here is the kicker...Is it HTML fault or the guy whose machine won't read
it..
another example would be is it my fault you don't have the adobe acrobat reader
loaded and can't read the PDF files?? Think not!

I looked at a lot of email in the examples of errors  and did not see one
example of the 20's. So for now until someone can prove to me what is causing
it I am believing it is as simple as someone who can't read the html on their
machine is sending back the errors and I am not blaming the HTML for it, but
rather the inefficiency of the other computers software.

Many E-mail and Usenet News reader programs, usually the mail and news reader
programs that come with browser packages, allow users to include binary
attachments (MIME or other encoding) or HTML (normally found on web pages)
within their E-mail messages. This makes URLs into clickable links and it means
that graphic images, formatting, and even color coded text can also be included
in E-mail messages. While this makes your E-mail interesting and pretty to look
at, it can cause problems for other people who receive your E-mail because they
may use different E-mail programs, different computer systems, and different
application programs whose files are often not fully compatible with each
other. Any of these can cause trouble with in-line HTML (or encoded
attachments). Most of the time all they see is the actual HTML code behind the
message. And if someone replies to the HTML formatted message, the quoting can
render the message even more unreadable. In some cases, the message is nothing
but strange looking text. For this reason, many mailing lists especially those
that provide a digest version, explicitly forbid the use of HTML formatted
e-mail. See examples section.

" + "
trapper@xxxxxxx

Arts of Alaska