[pcductape] Re: pcductape Digest V3 #59

  • From: Victor Firestone <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 16:06:02 +0200

B4Wingler,

I am not lofty - and I was talking about practices at work - not when I am sitting at home on my own time.
At work it is important that problems are escalated as need , but not because someone overlooked something.
This was what I was trying to say.
I doubt any employer would like to have his money and his employees time wasted because of something like that.

I did not say that it was below me, nor did I say that you are one of those less informed members [actually first time I have ever seen you post].
Taking things out of context does nothing except looking at what was written in a totaly incorrect perspective.

I seriously doubt that I have ever ignored any questions that have been asked in this group and in others that I belong too, just because they "were beneath me".

I remember when I started out as a "newbie" oh so long ago, and one of the best places to find info was , and still is, mail lists. I am just trying to give back what I recieved.
If that concept is beyond you - so be it.

B4Wingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Guess "mr." Firestone should ignore any help requests I might present to this group since he can safely assume that I'm one of those lesser informed members. In fact, I'm surprised that someone of such lofty status bothers to belong to this list at all, since most of it's members are obviously beneath him. But since he is, in fact, quite knowledgeable I'm sure he has helped more than a few of us and we are humbly grateful.

In a message dated 4/6/2004 3:15:37 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Victor Firestone writes:

//Snipped// otherwise the problem is escalated to the higher echelons [where people like me sit] and we hit the roof if a problem is thrown at us which turns out was some silly oversight made by someone on the way up.

TTFN - Vic /

affection of children;
friends;
better;