[pcductape] Re: pcductape Digest V3 #135

  • From: B4Wingler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 05:00:01 EDT

Matt,

Drive D should contain an "Emergency Restore" set of files which should
restore the computer to it factory (original) state.  With my XP laptop
continually
tapping the F10 key during bootup initiates the Emergency Restore function.
Again, with my system I then get 3 options, the third one being a format and
reinstallation of all the originals programs.  Any programs user installed will
have to be reinstalled.  And unless there has been a backup made, user data
will be lost with the reformat.  This should, however, get rid of the virii.

Bill