[pcductape] Re: pcductape Digest V2 #171

  • From: Garry and Sharon Sibthorpe <sibthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:09:31 +1000

Hi there,

There is a small program you can get called startupcpl - it installs into the control panel and gives you more access to what starts up when your computer does, including registry. You are able to delete or disable anything it reports. I have found it excellent - if you are interested in a copy of this please let me know sibthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sharon

At 01:58 AM 18/08/2003, you wrote:

pcductape Digest Sun, 17 Aug 2003 Volume: 02 Issue: 171

In This Issue:
                Can't take  this out of startup!

Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:54:52 -0400
From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Can't take  this out of startup!

There is a program that I downloaded called Sweepstakes Alert that is
supposed to let you know when the site gets new sweepstakes
(http://www.sweepstakesonline.com  )  The program runs in the background
and is in startup.  Only thing is, it doesn't show up under the startup
folder, there is nothing about it under Add/Remove programs, and when I
go into msconfig it's not there.  I cannot uninstall this thing or take
it out of startup!  The only place I did see it show up was under system
information:

Does anyone know how I can get this out of startup and uninstall it?
Thanks.

Lisa
~~Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off...~~

-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Ecartis -- -- Type: image/jpeg -- File: Texture_miscrock_021.jpg

-- Binary/unsupported file stripped by Ecartis -- -- Type: image/jpeg -- File: sysinformation.jpg