[pcductape] Re: pcductape Digest V2 #146

  • From: "sibthorpe" <sibthorpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2003 15:59:03 +1000

Hi all,

I am having strange problem with a customer's computer and wanted to know
if anyone else has had this problem or heard of it and any

Brand new Celeron 2.0 Ghz CPU on an ASUS Motherboard with 512 Mb DDR Ram.
Transferred old system files from old computer using ghost which gave
Windows 98 (original version) then upgraded to Windows XP Professional.
Problem: computer just automatically shuts down at any point in time. The
message comes up "windows is shutting down" and the computer turns off. I
don't know why. If it was just randomly rebooting I would suspect ram,
but this is rather weird.

Thanks for any suggestions

To: pcductape digest users <ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2003 22:19:22 -0500 (EST)