[pcductape] Re: password problem 7-15-04

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:43:18 -0500

Hi Scott,

The commands "shutdown -r" and "shutdown -s" both revealed my login name to
be administrator and I can login ok to safe mode.   Still cannot get to
regular mode.   I did check regedit and discovered about 53 instances of
"administrator" in the registry and decided not to delete any.

I thought I read somewhere that the passwords of Windows xp home are stored
in a .SAM file.   I wonder if I delete that file and reboot to regular mode?