[pcductape] Re: password problem 7-15-04

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 05:19:01 -0500

Hi Scott,

Let me tell you the rest of the story.   I have been around computers since
1968 and when home computers began in the 80's I was right there, eager to
use and enjoy and I did.   I was there when the Internet started and Bill
Gates was not interested.   I learned to always be careful of software off
the Internet and I usually do.   But the other day, I tried to fix my
Windows xp home to reboot without me having to say ok;   to reboot
automatically.   I searched the Internet for "windows xp automatic reboot"
and came up with http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8100/rh8109.htm where I
downloaded autolog.exe from Brian's Buzz website.   I wrote an email to him
explaining my problem and he has yet to reply.  I used autolog.exe to remove
the password and it did and it also removed the "administrator" login name.
As I've said before I can boot into safe mode but not regular mode and I'm
sure it has something to do with autolog.exe.

I have not yet tried your last suggestion.   I did download that Ultimate cd
boot disk and it will not work.    I did do the following in safe mode:

Pam's suggestion:
x-Start-Control Panel-  my network places- discover my login name is
administrator.UPSTAIRS.000 but discovered that just administrator will boot
me into safe mode but not regular mode and when I use
"administrator.UPSTAIRS.000", it does not work, neither in safe mode nor
regular mode.

Rick's suggestion:
Safe mode,
x- Run
x- userpasswords2
x- ctrl+alt+del and changed password to blank (no password)
x- reboot to regular mode
It will not.