[pcductape] password problem

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 04:32:24 -0500

Hi Guys,

I did a stupid thing while trying to eliminate the Windows xp logon screen
on my home computer.   I have no password on my machine and I still have to
click ok each time I rebooted the machine and I wanted to eliminate that one
process.   I went to a website and read where one can do search
http://search.atomz.com/search and I did a search for autologon and came up
with a program called winlogon.exe and I downloaded it and installed it and
ran it and selected disable and tested it.   Darn, the computer reboots to
the logon screen with the User Name: blank.   It removed the user name and I
have forgotten it.   I can reboot to safe mode but I still get that logon
screen with empty name.

Any suggestions?

Carl Martin
ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx