[pcductape] Re: password problem

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 08:32:16 -0500

Hi Scott,

You suggested in a previous message that I should look in c:\system volume
information and look in all folders which start with "_restore".   I did try
but could find no such folder.   I looked at each and everyone of the
folders on the harddrive and I have no restore folders at all.   I guess
when I put System Restore at 0%, that in effect cause the system restore
function to be turn off.   Live and learn.    Some lessons I've learned are
1- make restore points more often, and 2- don't download stuff from the
Internet except on an experimental unit.    Don't jeopardize the main
computer with Internet junk.

As I explored the files and folders on my unit I did notice something a bid
unusual.   There is a folder titled "c:\WUTEMP\Com_Microsoft Windows Rights
Management Client Upgrade and on the right side of the tree is a file named
"ASDRMCLIENT and it is 3681kb in size and it was created at 3:32 am on
7/14/2004, which is the last time I ran the winautologon.exe file to undo
what I do.   Of course it did not work.   I wonder if I delete this file,
what will happen.

Thanks for all your suggestions.