[pcductape] Re: password problem

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 21:51:42 -0500

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your suggestions.   I tried them all and still I cannot boot up
in regular mode.   I can boot into safe mode using the login name of
"administrator" with no password.   However, when I try to boot into regular
mode and I enter login name of "administrator" with no password, I get an
error message as "Unable to logon because account restriction."

Are you familiar with the registry?   I wonder if I can hack the registry
from safe mode?   I can get a "run" slot in safe mode so I should be able
to.    How would I hack the registry to fix my problem?