[pcductape] Re: password problem

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 09:40:10 -0500

Will safe mode allow you to use your Control Panel? If so, and depending on
how deep it allows you to view there is a list of all the user names.
In Win2k the path is Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Computer
Management/Local Users and Groups/Users. I would think that XP's path is
similar.  I think it will depend on whether XP sees your access to safe mode
as an administrator's action or not.
Did you try Scott's boot CD suggestion? Sounds like a winner.