[pcductape] Re: pam's network is part fixed !!! =) Heads up Dee

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2003 18:31:06 -0800

Hi Sandi,
For some reason I thought you were using a 2k server too.
Oh well.
This all makes sense now.
One would put their server IP number in there, as that would be were other
computers on the network would go for the network IP addresses which the server
likely sets up automatically, once you put the IP number in the dns area.
Unless, of course, one has a dedicated machine for the dns stuff.

Anyway persistence does pay off. :O)

Now, if I could get my machine to shut down properly.
I have to try some of the things people have sent on the subject later tonight.
I tried the setting in the bios thing you mentioned.
But I when in after and reset some other things before I tested it, and it
didn't help, but I need to do it again without resetting some things to see for
sure.
Thanks to everyone for all the tips. :O)