[pcductape] Re: opera 6

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 07:39:03 -0600

Yes, the refuse pop ups works.  Notice too the info it provides you on the
status bar every time you download, that is, every time you open a web page.
Very helpful at times...... well, maybe not on a cable connection, but for a
dialup connection.
Painless install too, wasn't it?

  Hi Pam,
  Hi All,

  I installed Opera and it is faster than IE6.   I love it.

  Pam, I noticed under File > Quick Preference, that one has the option to
select "Refuse Pop-Up Windows".    Does that really work?

  Later today, I will go to those websites and run the virus detection
programs that David mentioned.   However, I don't have much hope find a cure
for IE6.

  I have discovered that I have hundreds of cd's.   Maybe my Windows xp is
in one of the Jackets that does not show what it is.

  Maybe I could run a program on my computer to identify the "codes" of the
Windows xp I installed and then I could call Microsoft and ask for a
duplicate disk.   :-)

  Maybe I'll love Opera so much I'll forget all about IE6!

    Hi Carl.
    It's not IE but it's a good browser.  It can do just about everything IE
can do plus more.  Good luck with it.  Let us know how things go.