[pcductape] Re: memory usage

  • From: "Huntress" <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 03:26:47 -0400

Also wanted to add something else to this.  I'm finding that windows
Explorer.exe has a tendency to grab hold of resources after long periods of
usage but it doesn't release them.  If left for too long it will also cause
freezing and locking.  What I do, also from the Task Manager, is to shut
down explorer.exe from the processes then click on the Applications tab and
the New Task... button and simply type in explorer.  That refreshes the
system without having to reboot.

Sandi