[pcductape] Re: mail server

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 23:26:15 -0600

P> I was sort of hoping you meant through your web site because web
P> hosts often offer email services with a single administrator, which could be
P> you.  You could then manage your email accounts, delete those who leave, add
P> those who come.  That would be the easiest way.
P> Ok, so if we are dealing with earthlink, perhaps they offer a similar
P> ability.  Have you checked?

I recall that Earthlink offers the ability for a domain host to
forward specific email addresses to another account.  I don't know if
you can forward to multiple accounts or not.

Another option is to have a machine running MailTraq or some other
such mail server software (it also handles newsgroups and mailing
lists), and you could do your own forwarding.  You'd only have to mess
with the Earthlink accounts one time, to have them picked up by your
server.  You'd probably need the server to have static IP, so that the
department heads would be able to set up their emails to poll your
server directly.

Working with multiple email accounts is a pain with most email

Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx