[pcductape] Re: low resources on fresh boot up - it's virus free

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 17:15:51 EST

In a message dated 03/30/2003 10:04:15 PM Central Standard Time,
ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Also, I noticed that this box is doing a couple of other strange things.   I
> tried going to google to look up some stuff and it wouldn't let me type in
> the form box.  When I explored further it will not allow one to type in any
> form box.  I tried from the AOL browser and the IE browser.  The IE
> browser, when I download a page with a form box displays an error message
> that wants to report the error to MS, then closes that browser window and
> opens a new browser instance.
> When you go to Start/Settings/Control Panel.... you can't get there.
> Instead it throws a script error message box and remains blank (empty).
> But I can get to some things via MyComputer/Properties

   Pam
     Did you say that the machine is using AOL ver 8.0? If so does the
machine have 128mg or better of ram? How about the CPU, is it a faster one?
Like a 350+.
     I run older machines (CPU 166/200) and I will not install any newer
version than 6.0 because AOL software is a resource hog. (the newer the
version the more resource crazy AOhell gets)
     Maybe AOhell is your problem. And remember that WinME does not handle
resources very well, most ME machines that I encounter I usually install some
sort of software to help manage the ram (ex RAM Booster) Usually helps.
   HTH
De