[pcductape] Re: low resources on fresh boot up

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2003 15:32:35 -0600

Well, housecalls online AV won't load to be able to run.  I've tried half
dozen times and it stops at 95% every time.  Anyone know of another one to
try? Also, could the AOL connection have have anything to do with the
problem?

Pam

  Thanks David and Troy.  I've already located a couple of spyware pirates.

  And there's a passle full of things I don't recognize running.  I'm off to
check this stuff out.

    I would definitely look at the MSCONFIG.  You can compare what ever is
checked/listed against these sites.  They will tell you what each of those
items do.

    http://www.pacs-portal.co.uk/startup_pages/startup_full.htm

    http://www2.whidbey.com/djdenham/Uncheck.htm

    http://www.azpchelp.com/StartupList.htm

    Hope these sites help...

    Troy

      I think msconfig works on me, I would take all from startup from
running, restart and see where you are at and then isolate the culprit. :>)