[pcductape] Re: late hour

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 17:28:06 -0500

Hi Pam,

Friday, June 13, 2003, 5:09:18 PM, you wrote:

P> Bet you heard a lot of artillery practice this last 2 weeks.  My son just
P> got home yesterday from being there for 2 weeks.  Every time he would call
P> I'd hear lots of noise in the background, sometimes even late late late at
P> night.

I live in Killeen, which is on the east side of Fort Hood, and on the
far side of most of the artillery practice, so I don't hear it that
often.  Especially since my hearing is kinda shot.  :)

It's been raining a lot lately (my grass is turning green again), so
that might have been some of what you've been hearing.

For those who are unfamiliar with Fort Hood, it's the only U.S.
two-division post in the world, and covers something like 350 square
miles, larger than some counties. Before the Soviet collapse, it was
billed as the largest base in the free world. There are normally
something like 80,000 soldiers stationed here, if I recall correctly.