[pcductape] Re: hiding folders & CD Catalog

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 23:19:34 -0600

I am planning on writing my own shopping cart when I get through with this
search engine I'm doing, but for a web site, not the CD.  I'm having trouble
visualizing a catalog on a CD using a shopping cart.  Hey, do you mean so
they can view the catalog, and then maybe print out their order straight
from the CD?  Hmmmm  Very entertaining thought but I can't see it working
because it would require the entire database to be stored on the same CD.
The CD catalog is to be targeted at a non-online audience, being those who
don't have access to the internet, or those who's connection is slow (like
dial ups), or even those who pay for time spent online.
Keep throwing ideas into the arena though.