[pcductape] Re: help it that dos again

  • From: "Eric Skeen" <northcom@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 21:52:46 +0200

You do not state what version of Windows you are using. Sounds like you
might have a corrupt Autoexec.bat or Config.Sys file. If you're using Win98,
then type "MSCONFIG" in the Start / Run  Box and disable these two files.

What Soundcard are you using? I seem to remember that the SoundBlaster Live
Value! card calls for DOS emulation. This can also be removed in either the
Config or Autoexec files, I forget offhand which. If this is the case,
simply place a "rem" before the relevant line in the Autoexec.bat file, or a
";" (semi-colon) before the relevant line in Config.sys.

In all cases above, ignore the "" marks when entering the command.

That Guy In Africa...
ICQ#  39461303
~ Greetings from Sunny South Africa ~