[pcductape] Re: help

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 18:36:08 -0700

Hi Nick,
I would think they would both boot, yes.
You might try wiping the cd carefully and trying it again.
The a: drive boot will work, but if it's dos, the xp cd will say it can't run in dos.
You may have to get the six xp boot disks to do it?

However, I think you might be in the middle of a sp2 failed install.
If you can, you might want to run sp2 instead of the xp recovery,if you have the cd for it? Just run the sp2.exe program on the cd if you get into an xp prompt.

I can't boot my xp computer since I installed sp2 with the xp cd for some reason? I'm not sure it booted before? Otherwise it's running fine.

----- Original Message ----- From: "vzn05mrz" <allstate@xxxxxxx>