[pcductape] Re: help

  • From: "teknospud" <teknospud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2004 16:20:47 -0700

Hey Nick,
  I do remember an old model that has a combo A: and CD, this was a half
height thingy, took up only one 5.25" drive bay.  Assuming that you took the
media out of the drives and now the HDD won't boot.  By the fact that the
error message is NON SYSTEM DISK OR DISK ERROR, means that there is a
recognized drive, and that it just will not boot.  I/you need to know what
operating system you expect and you need a startup disk.  The typical system
restore CD just reformats the drive and puts the OS back on, after deleting
everything on the disk.
  If you have any kind of boot floppy you should at least be able to access
the C:\ and do a DIR in order to get the dates of the files.
Let me know

Chuck