[pcductape] Re: got my ICS to work=>interrupts

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 23:48:22 -0800

Hi De,
It's good to see more than one thing is getting solved with this discussion. :O)
Your computer, I mean.

Interrupts have been a big problem, ever since they were devised to use.
Everything has to be right about them to work properly, and there has never been
enough of them to really go around. The new sharing is helping a lot, but some
card's software is not always written as well as it could be, to do the sharing
or it might be needing some attention, before the computer can give it and it
will crash.  It's getting better, I note that there are lots in xp, however,
most of the hardware that we have so far, can only use the older ones, so more
isn't helping yet, but sharing is some, especially on the real fast computers.

I'm always challenged by people when I say interrupts might be a problem. But so
far, they still occasionally are. :O)  Anyway, whatever it was that got your
computer going, great. :O)