[pcductape] got my ICS to work

  • From: DGrell7446@xxxxxxx
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 12:42:28 EST

Hi Pam and Bob
  Have been following along.
  When Bob talked about the IRQ settings I went and checked it out on the
machine with the new NIC. A ton of things were running through the IRQ that
the NIC wanted to use. So I turned off the unused items to free up IRQs, and
windows rearranged the hardware IRQs.
  Then I checked the old machine that connected ok and made sure that it
still connected. I did rerun the ICS wizard to be sure, made a fresh client
disk, went to the new NIC ran the client disk ( I ran this client disk over
the network, not on the new NIC machine ) and viola it connected to the
internet via IE browser. I made no other configuration changes.
  I always wondered why I could share files, upload / download files from
that computer but never could I get the browser to connect to the internet.
It WORKS now and I am a happy camper.
  Pam I hope your win98 connects easy for you.
  All of my machines are win98se.
HTH
De