[pcductape] Re: google's new toy

  • From: "Ctm007" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 02:45:57 -0500

Hi Pam,

Google has been adding to their search engine.   Try typing "turkey" and click
on the "Image" search and you will get lots of photos of turkeys.   Try typing
your name and click on "Image" to see if your likeness is up on the Net.   Try
typing just a name on the regular search bar and it will return the person's
address and phone number if the phone number is published in a phone book.   In
the regular search bar, type your address +  zip code and it will return a map
of your location.   When I receive a telephone call for a homeowners insurance
quote I use the Internet for 3 different functions;  1- I use google to see
where the prospect is located and to see if the prospect has a public phone
number,  2- I use USPS.com to see if the address is in the Postal Service
database (most insurance rating software use the usps database), and 3- I use
local county seat tax offices to get a description of the house.   I probably
use google.com more than most folks.