[pcductape] Re: functions

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 17:46:21 -0500

Hi Scott,
I understand about each program determining its own functions. What I want
to do is assign the hot spots to be exactly the same as if I depressed the
key on my keyboard. For example, if I assign hot spot #1 to be the same
thing as if I were to depress the PLUS key then whatever function the PLUS
key does in whatever app I am working in... it will do it just as if I
depressed the PLUS key on he keyboard. And if I touched the #1 hotspot while
in Notepad, for example, it would simply type a "plus sign". The character
code for a plus is U+002B. But I cannot simply assign the character code
because it tells me it cannot execute U+002B. So I am thinking that maybe
U+002B points to something else that it CAN execute.
Does that make better sense?

Pam