[pcductape] Re: driver problem with Cordless Trackman FX

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 15:48:16 -0500

Hi Bob,

  Thank you for your help. The feature I'm looking for, though, the webwheel
- do you think that will work if I use the XP drivers from that page, or is
it a Logitech thing? Here's what it is:

 WebWheel <http://www.dansdata.com/images/ltcmmo/webwheelfull.gif>

Logitech's "innovative WebWheel feature" brings to approximately six
grillion the number of Weird Things That Can Happen When You Press One Of
The Extra Buttons On Your Fancy New Mouse.

WebWheel gives you Web navigation functions easily accessible via pointer or
wheel-doohickey, which could be very handy if you're taking advantage of the
mouse's cordlessness and not sitting in front of your keyboard. It also
gives you links to Web pages.

By default, you get your Search page, a few other Logitech-selected Web
pages, and Logitech's Webmail site. Fortunately, you can set these Web links
to whatever you want, making WebWheel into a genuinely useful quick-links
thing, if you care to use it. If you don't, you can unbind it from whichever
mouse button it's haunting and use that button for something else.