[pcductape] Re: driver problem with Cordless Trackman FX

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:54:43 -0500

Hi Bob,

 How do I fix the configuration problem? They did do away with the webwheel.
They told me they did. But it should still work with the old drivers. This
is the discussion with Logitech so far:

Discussion Thread
 Response (Logitech Customer Support) 12/10/2004 07:30 PM
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Cordless TrackMan FX.

The MouseWare software version 9.61 has the webwheel feature. You can
download this software from the following URL:
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/

NOTE : Customer Support does not recommend installing older software since
newer software often features bug fixes for issues present in older
software. If you run into any issues after installing older software, please
remove it and install the latest version before contacting Customer Support.

 Customer (Lisa Schnepf) 12/10/2004 08:30 AM
You gave me the information for the ftp site to download the 9.76 version of
the software which you say comes with the webwheel. I didn't see 9.76
version. I did see 9.61, though. Do you have 9.76? If not, will 9.61 work?
I'm using Windows XP. Thanks.
 Customer (Lisa Schnepf) 12/10/2004 08:19 AM
I would like to get the older version of the drivers that would include the
webwheel. From what I understand, version 9.75 works with the webwheel. Is
there anyway you can get that driver for me? I am having no luck and I'm
getting frustrated. I bought the mouse because I liked the webwheel feature,
and now Logitech took that away. Thanks for your help.
 Customer (Lisa Schnepf) 12/10/2004 07:40 AM
You should really consider keeping the file on your website that supports
the webwheel. After searching for a week, I've seen a lot of angry people
that couldn't get the older driver that supports the webwheel. I now have
both drivers - 9.75 and 9.79, just in case. I bought the mouse BECAUSE of
the webwheel feature, and was upset when I found out that Logitech's website
took it away. Thank you for your help.
 Response (Chandrika C) 12/10/2004 12:16 AM
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Cordless TrackMan FX.

I understand from your mail that you would like to obtain the MouseWare
software version which supports webwheel feature.

I would like to inform you that you can download the MouseWare software
version 9.76 from the FTP site.
Refer to the following link for assistance:
ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/mouse/
 Customer (Lisa Schnepf) 12/10/2004 12:10 AM
So, where can I get a version of the Mouseware that has the webwheel
feature? I reformatted my hard drive, I lost my CD so had to get the
drivers from your site. You only had the newer drivers. It doesn't include
webwheel.
 Response (Chandrika C) 12/08/2004 07:34 PM
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Cordless TrackMan FX.

I understand from your mail that you wnat the webwheel feature for your
Logitech mouse.

Unfortunately, with the release of MouseWare 9.76 and higher, WebWheel is no
longer available as a button assignment. While we know some customers like
this feature, our market research showed most customers didn't use it. Since
it's not a popular button assignment and maintaining its compatibility with
other applications is difficult, we eliminated it to make room for newer
device support. If you are not having any issues with MouseWare on your
system, there is no need to upgrade to MouseWare version 9.76 or higher.
However, if you are asked to upgrade to a later version for troubleshooting
reasons, please be aware that WebWheel will no longer be available.
 Customer (Lisa Schnepf) 12/08/2004 08:15 AM
I already have the updated drivers. They don't include the webwheel. What
I am looking for is the web wheel feature for my mouse. Any way to get it
back?
 Response (Mahesh Prabhu) 12/03/2004 01:56 AM
Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your recent inquiry about your Logitech Cordless TrackMan FX.

I understand that you are not able to get the web wheel feature on your
Logitech Mouse.

The device you have is outdated/ obsolete and does not list in the Logitech
products. However, please refer to the URL below to download the latest
version of the MouseWare software for your device.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/US/EN,CRID=1781,content
id=5286
 Auto-Response 12/02/2004 09:54 PM
This is an autoresponse message. We have received your support request and
will be responding soon.

 Question Reference #041203-000077
Category:  Trackballs
Sub-Product:  Logitech Cordless TrackMan FX
Date Created:  12/02/2004 09:54 PM
Last Updated:  12/10/2004 07:30 PM
Model Number:  T RA17
Part Number:  8043640000
Operating System:  Windows XP
Software Version:
Computer Brand:  Sony
Proficiency Level:  2 - Can install and c

If you have additional questions regarding this issue, please update this
support incident.

If you have additional questions regarding another product, please feel free
to visit our website at www.logitech.com. Thank you for your interest in
Logitech.