[pcductape] Re: driver problem with Cordless Trackman FX

  • From: trapper <trapper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 08:55:43 -0900

My Question to you would be what was the url for the website.?
I have a trackman marble by logitech and I can't get it to run with winxp..I suspect it is needing newer drivers?

Have you done a regedit to see if that drivers is in there? You shouldn't have to worry about messing up the registry and backing it up and all that if you are just taking a look to find it..! That is probably where I would start. If you find it then you can nuke it out and re-load the other to see if there was any kind of conflict going on.

My
question is this: is it possible since I installed the newest driver 9.79
and uninstalled it, that it is staying in the registry and not allowing any
older drivers to work right?

                       " + "
                     Trapper &
                   Arts of Alaska
                        by
                      Diane
        http://www.streetfairamerica.com/dhar

Lisa Schnepf wrote:

I recently reformatted my hard drive, and when re-installing all of my
software, I thought I had misplaced my CD for my Logitech Cordless Trackman
FX, so I went to the website and downloaded the newest drivers.  The new
drivers didn't support the webwheel effect that I liked so much about  the
mouse, so I contacted Logitech. At first, they didn't want to give me any
older drivers, but then they gave me an ftp site to search for version 9.61.
I tried that, it showed up as a two button mouse, with no web-wheel. I have
a four button mouse. I also looked on DriverGuide.com and found version 9.75
which is supposed to support the webwheel. That showed up as a two-button
mouse, too. I found a CD for logitech that had version 9.14 or something,
and originally tried that and it showed up as a two button mouse. I also
found an updated Windows XP driver that I had downloaded for the mouse and
tried that and it ALSO showed up as a two-button mouse. The only driver
software that seems to show up as a four button mouse now is the new one. My
question is this: is it possible since I installed the newest driver 9.79
and uninstalled it, that it is staying in the registry and not allowing any
older drivers to work right? I can't think of anything else, because the
older ones used to show up the right way. Right now, they are ALL
uninstalled, but who knows what the registry looks like since I tried
version 9.14, uninstalled it, 9.61, uninstalled it, 9.75 uninstalled it,
9.79, uninstalled it.
Thanks for your help.

~Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off~

Lisa

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.