[pcductape] driver problem with Cordless Trackman FX

  • From: Lisa Schnepf <lars2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: SAYQ <sayq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 12:05:24 -0500

I recently reformatted my hard drive, and when re-installing all of my
software, I thought I had misplaced my CD for my Logitech Cordless Trackman
FX, so I went to the website and downloaded the newest drivers.  The new
drivers didn't support the webwheel effect that I liked so much about  the
mouse, so I contacted Logitech. At first, they didn't want to give me any
older drivers, but then they gave me an ftp site to search for version 9.61.
I tried that, it showed up as a two button mouse, with no web-wheel. I have
a four button mouse. I also looked on DriverGuide.com and found version 9.75
which is supposed to support the webwheel. That showed up as a two-button
mouse, too. I found a CD for logitech that had version 9.14 or something,
and originally tried that and it showed up as a two button mouse. I also
found an updated Windows XP driver that I had downloaded for the mouse and
tried that and it ALSO showed up as a two-button mouse. The only driver
software that seems to show up as a four button mouse now is the new one. My
question is this: is it possible since I installed the newest driver 9.79
and uninstalled it, that it is staying in the registry and not allowing any
older drivers to work right? I can't think of anything else, because the
older ones used to show up the right way. Right now, they are ALL
uninstalled, but who knows what the registry looks like since I tried
version 9.14, uninstalled it, 9.61, uninstalled it, 9.75 uninstalled it,
9.79, uninstalled it.
Thanks for your help.

~Just remember, if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off~