[pcductape] Re: download question

  • From: Sandi Neumann <sanneumann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 19:18:30 -0500

Not that bizarre Jan.  I recently went through a similar problem installing a
simple puzzle demo.  It would simply freeze during install and I would have to
CAD my way out of it.  When I did this I also ended a Windows XP application
called WOW.EXE that is started every time you install a new program.  I was
lucky enough in that the said program was a stand-alone so it didn't install
DLLs into the windows folders so I got a copy of the folder and files from
someone else and placed a folder on my harddrive and created a shortcut to the
EXE file on my desktop.  Worked perfectly.  I've now been able to evaluate the
program and delete the folder but not sure if I trust paying for an app that
might not install.

Cheers!
Sandi
http://pcductape.topcities.com/