[pcductape] Re: digital camera software / RUNTIME ERROR?

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:15:21 -0600

MessageHi Lisa,

I feel bad.  I told you I would get you the driver and cannot.   I jump through
the hoops (just like you did) and all the website will do is let me order a cd.
  I then opened my PhotoSmart software and try to update it and I get the same
errors you do;   that is, my computer cannot connect to the Internet.   So, I
shut down the software and go back to hp.com and I did found a website that
will let one download the software if you have the download key that you got
when you purchased the software:
and I don't.   My software was given to me for Christmas 4 years ago by my son
and I cannot find the download key.   I hope you can find yours.

I share your suggestion that my firewall is blocking the "Internet" settings
when I attempt to update the software.   In my case I don't need the update
because I do not use PhotoSmart (I use IrFanView) but I guess you will need to
take down your firewall if you do not have your download key;   that is, I bet
you could deactivate your firewall and then try the update from the PhotoSmart
software and then when the download is finished, reactivate the firewall real
fast before any Trojan gets in.    :-)   Or use your download key with your
firewall on.   Or write to hp support and see what they suggest.