[pcductape] Re: digital camera software / RUNTIME ERROR?

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 22:56:20 +0200

Hi Carl,
Datatrace in the example before has to do with monitoring what goes on
during a certain period of time and the program traces the data - hence
In very general terms, when you have an error message and it wants to send
data to mummy microsoft that is good old Dr. Watson at work - Dr. Watson is
actually a debugger and what it does is gathers all the info currently [or
at the time of the crash] in RAM and in Windows and analyzes it and tries to
figure out what went wrong. That is the data that is sent to mummy.
Bootvis is in Win XP but does not run every boot - it sets [in part] the
prefetch cache etc that enables a faster booting time for XP.

TTFN - Vic

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better;