[pcductape] Re: digital camera software / RUNTIME ERROR?

  • From: "Carl" <ctm007@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 05:03:54 -0600

MessageHi Lisa,
Hi Vic,

I searched my computer running Windows XP and could not find bootvis.exe so I
concluded it is not a file necessary for xp.   So, I go to the website for
bootvis at:
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwdev/platform/performance/fastboot/BootVis.mspx
and I read that:
"The boot optimization routines invoked by Bootvis.exe are built into Windows
XP."
So, I have to ask why bother with bootvis.exe in the 1st place.

Vic, thanks for explaining data trace.   Is that also what we see when an error
occurs and the software has to shut down and when it does, a small window pops
up, asking if I want to send a report to Microsoft and if I say yes, then it
gives an error message where more information can be obtained (sometimes).