[pcductape] Re: digital camera software / RUNTIME ERROR?

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 07:03:39 +0200

Carl - Lisa,

Forget about bootvis - it is only a program used to diagnose booting times
and c lean out the prefetch folder in Win 2K and XP. It only runs when you
tell it to and does not run all the time, besides it is only an exe file and
therefore the uninstall is just a delete or name-change [if you want to keep
the program but want to avoid it being used. inadvertently. Carl, a data
trace is just that - it is not something that changes the way a comp works
but rather a log of what goes on, besides I think Lisa's comp doesn't have
Hyper Threading.

As for your explorer issues, could be any of a million things - hard to
diagnose at this point.

As for the install - how are you installing this software - direct from the
net, or from a CD or from an installation package on your comp.

Let me know.

TTFN - Vic

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty,
to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better;

  _____