[pcductape] Re: dial up speeds

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 07:32:02 +0200

Hi there,
Dial up speed is affected by the modem insofar as the speed of the modem
itself - if it is a 33K modem then you are not going to get anything higher
than 33K, if it is a 56K then you will get something around the 56K.
The main problem, most of the time, is the quality of the line in to your
house, the better the quality [not physical quality but the quality or
rather cleanliness of the incoming and outgoing data and any interupptions
and noise on the line] then the higher connection times you are going to
BTW, AFAIK, telephone companies will never give you a pure 56K, it will
always be less, especially upload speed.

TTFN - Vic