[pcductape] Re: dial up speeds

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Victor Firestone <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 09:21:50 -0500

Hello Victor,

Saturday, June 7, 2003, 6:05:14 AM, you wrote:

VF> they are proud of this fact ;) In any case, when I refer to Winmodems,
VF> please read it as "Winmodems(tm), host-based modems, HCF-modems, HSP-modems,
VF> and all similar modem-like hardware."

I think "host-based modem" covers them all adequately, althought it's
a rather boring name.

Here's the reference on their site:
http://www.usr.com/adbuilder/ab-tips-trade-ref.asp Of course, any time
you use it without the ® symbol, you risk receiving a nice letter
and/or email from a USRobotics® lawyer. I think it's probably a lost
cause in this case, though, since it's been used as a generic term for
so long already that most people don't even realize that it's not a
gereric term.

--Scott.