[pcductape] Re: dial up speeds

  • From: "Victor Firestone" <vlfll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 13:05:14 +0200

Mmmmmmmm,

Didn't know that about Winmodems now being a tm for US Robotics - but.....
Look they have a new term now - Linmodems

The developers at linmodems.org have coined the term Linmodem to describe a
winmodem that can be used with Linux with a commercial or open-source
driver.

It has been pointed out to me that the name "Winmodem" is/was a registered
trademark of U.S. Robotics (or 3Com while they were merged). I'm sure that
they are proud of this fact ;) In any case, when I refer to Winmodems,
please read it as "Winmodems(tm), host-based modems, HCF-modems, HSP-modems,
and all similar modem-like hardware."

TTFN

Vic