[pcductape] Re: dial up speeds

  • From: "Emery, David" <demery@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:42:58 -0400

I have found that the us robotics external modem which hooks up to a serial
port (56K, V.92) are simple to use and are hardware modems which are redialy
available. A software modem uses resources from your CPU\Ram and are
built-in modems, not all built-in modems are software modems. The key is
also to make sure you do not load your modem up as a standard modem, you
need to update the drivers with the software that came with your modem, also
www.dslreports.com <http://www.dslreports.com>  has some tweaks that you can
apply that will add some registry settings to get maximum communication,
other sites I am sure have similiar fixes. Dave
From: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:43:31 PM
To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Barbara, I allways try to keep my pics under 200 kb's That is plenty
large enough and they load pretty quick for us poor folks that are stuck
with dialup access. It took your 455 kb scan about 3 minutes to download in
my mail if that gives you any idea. My Kingdom for DSL :-)

 <http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9>   IncrediMail -
Email has finally evolved -
<http://www.incredimail.com/redir.asp?ad_id=309&lang=9> Click Here