[pcductape] Re: dial up speeds

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:39:26 -0500

Hi Barbara,
Sounds like you and I live in the same neighborhood.  But of course we could
get a satellite connection if we could afford their prices.
One thing I've learned though is that dial up speed isn't affected as much
by the speed of the computer as it is affected by the speed and quality of
the modem itself.  Now, someone else here would have the technical knowledge
to elaborate and tell us "why" this is so.  A friend of mine, who is amazing
with computers, told me something about hardware modems being faster than
software modems but I understand hardware modems are difficult to find these

        From: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Date: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 8:43:31 PM
        To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

        Hi Barbara, I allways try to keep my pics under 200 kb's That is
plenty large enough and they load pretty quick for us poor folks that are
stuck with dialup access. It took your 455 kb scan about 3 minutes to
download in my mail if that gives you any idea. My Kingdom for DSL :-)

GIF image

JPEG image