[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 00:03:57 -0500

Hi Scott,
I went into msconfig and disabled it on start up and it booted sucessfully.
As you surmised, I don't know if she has a disk to reinstall with and she's
out of town for the weekend so I can't ask.  I did ask her when I picked it
up if she had any restore disks or disks that came with the computer and she
said she got no disks of any kind with it. So for that reason I hesitate to
uninstall.
I am currently in the process of doing an online scan on it, and probably
will check for spyware while I have the opportunity.
I remember now that she mentioned someone, probably her daughter, did
something to her computer right before it went down, and I got the
impression she was referring to AV update, even though she herself didnt'
know that's what she was talking about.

Next round of suggestions very welcome,

Pam