[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 23:18:11 -0500

Hello Pam,

Friday, May 23, 2003, 11:03:25 PM, you wrote:

P> scandisk found no problem.  i was able to boot into safe mode, so then i
P> used the one by one command at F8 and learned it was mcafee scan that was
P> locking the machine up. Now to see if I can figure out why.

Try uninstalling it, restarting to make sure that you can start it up
ok, and then reinstalling it.

Hmm, probably don't have a CD to reinstall it with, but it probably
expired by now anyway, if it's used, so just leave it out and replace
it with something that's not expired. Then scan to make sure it's not
infected with something due to old data files.