[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 19:12:51 -0700

Hi Pam,
To get to safe mode, try either f8 or the control key.
But it has to be hit just when it says it is starting win98, if you miss,
restart the computer with the switch and it will automatically put you in safe
mode.  It does this when it fails to start win98, automatically.

Again, see if you can find a win98 folder on the c: drive.
If you can get into safe mode, run msconfig from the run command and try turning
everything off in the startup group and see if it will boot.