[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 21:03:48 -0500

I found an old 98 boot disk i had and managed to work my way to C drive and
list the dir.  Being a Compaq I don't know the keystrokes to access Safe
Mode to see if it will boot from there.  I'm not knowledgeable in dos so,
though I know a few basic commands I don't know how to do troubleshooting
from the dos prompt.
As for recovery cd.... no.  She said it was "used" when they gave it to her
and they gave her no disks.  I have an old copy of win 98 here, but I am
afraid to try it because of the Compaq proprietary junk, plus I can't
determine if it is first or second edition.