[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: "Pam" <ltf01@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 08:17:35 -0500

Hi Carl,
The group was helping me diagnose a broken machine of a friend of mine.
Turned out McAfee was the reason it wouldn't boot up.  Lot's of list members
voiced their distaste for and problems with McAfee too, which corresponds to
the complaints I've read elsewhere about.  Bottom line seems to be that it
either runs/behaves well or it causes trouble.  Seems that it causes trouble
more often than than the norm.  Anyway, I couldn't delete it because she was
out of town and I needed her approval.  Oh, and for the rest of you guys it
was a "new" install to the machine.  She has the CD for that one, she said.
But apparently it had given her trouble elsewhere because she was very
willing to get rid of it.
It will probably be tonight before I get to it though.  I have to work
today, then I have to run to town and get turkey food and a fan switch for
the truck and get back before dark because I don't have any headlights while
the dash board is torn apart. Whew, an air conditioner again!  That'll be
grand!  For over a year or so it has had only one speed working, HIGH.  You
either sweated or froze, nothing in between... until last week when it gave
that speed up too.
Ok, enough rattling about dumb stuff.  Get to work you guys!!  =)

Pam