[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 18:54:16 -0700

Hi Pam,
Ignore that other one, it got away from me. :O)

Since it's not telling you it can't find something to boot from, I assume your
hard drive is good and the win98 system is just messed up somehow.

Of course this means that you need to load the operating system over the top of
itself.

Recovery cd? Or a win98 folder on the hard drive that has a setup file in it?

You could start with a startup disk and see if you can see any folders on the
hard drive, with dos.