[pcductape] Re: diagnosing a problem

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pam <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2003 09:57:10 -0500

Hello Pam,

Saturday, May 24, 2003, 9:15:10 AM, you wrote:

P> Hi Eric,
P> Do you know how long McAfee runs for?  Reason I ask is because it seems I
P> recall they are 1 year subscriptions and she's only been on the internet
P> since christmas.  The computer and the internet were gifts from her kids.

You said the computer has Windows 98 on it.  That's all you need to
know, since name-brand computers with 98 on them haven't been new for
perhaps 2 years -- at best.  You said that she said that it came
without disks.  I'd suspect that they got it from a pawn shop or
something like that.

Also, "1 year" is probably a maximum, not a minimum.

--
Best regards,
 Scott                            mailto:Wizard@xxxxxxxx