[pcductape] computers in kayaks?

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:08:36 -0700

Hi Pam,
I've been busy kayaking. :O) Among other things.

Now if I could just figure out how to put a computer in my kayak to look up
things and send some pics whilst going down stream I'd have it made.

I've included a pic to show what I've been up too.
I bought this kayak to do flat water, but a recent trip to NE Oregon found
the river high from a snow melt.
The river was high and looked intimidating, but as they say in Canada, what
the hey?

The pic is of my second trip down. I fell over in this exact spot the first
time down, so yes I'm scared. :O) I made it through this spot for this pic,
but crashed again on the next one. I found out what happens when ones leg
contacts rock walls. It was a bit bloody, but didn't slow me down much.
After the fourth or fifth trip, I was smiling and yelling YaHooooooooo. :O)
We did this almost everyday for the three weeks I was up there. Lot's of
Now I'm back to yakking the slow ol river where I live. It's not as
thrilling after that, but is very beautiful.

I'll sure be happy when they get these computers waterproof and small. :O)
Oh, the river was the Grande Ronde.