[pcductape] Re: compaq deskpro en

  • From: "Bob Noble" <bnoble@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 22:25:04 -0700

Here's the process we will use Barbara.

We will get an a: prompt first, that means we have dos working so we can do some
things.

Then we will fdisk using dos.
Then we will format the drive.
Then we need to load an operating system.
I hope you have a windows 98 cd or a restore cd?

en likely means English version.

From: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Monday, May 12, 2003 9:55:04 PM
To: pcductape@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Barbara,
Well, I guess we need to know some more stuff.

Like, have you tried a boot disk to see what is on the hard drive?

Or, when you say you don't have a restore cd, do you have a copy of windows
98,
or such?

Were you successful fdisking or formatting?

Let's start with that?

Oh, and what's en mean?